Web Development Course Overview
The goal of this web development class is to give students an introduction to many different concepts related to making websites and web applications.
Lots of other web development curriculum can focus too much on learning things in an abstract way. Instead, we will be learning concepts – piece by piece – as we build things.
Students will have the ability to ask for help outside of the live class sessions if they get stuck on something. Investigating problems and learning how to solve them is a big part of web development.
By the end of the class, the students will be able to make their own websites as well as have the foundation to be able to continue to learn on their own. The field of web development is quite wide, and no one can ever learn it all. This class will help students identify the areas of web development they are most interested in to help them decide what they want to focus on in the future (i.e., backend development, UX design, mobile development, etc).
Svelte and SvelteKit
Web Development Class Topics Include:
- User Interface (UI) Elements
- Web Components
- Single Page Applications (SPAs)
- Multi-page Dynamic Websites
- Content Management Systems
- Async Programming
- REST APIs
- Client Side Rendering (CSR)
- Server Side Rendering (SSR)
- Prerendering (SSG)
- Google Analytics
- Version control w/ Git and GitHub
- Web Hosting on Serverless platforms (like Vercel and Netlify)
- This class is designed for students with no previous experience.
- All resources are free. We will use an online text editor for the first half of the class and then switch to using a free program called Visual Studio Code.