An ever-expanding universe of graphic design solutions surrounds you!
Graphic designers create digital worlds; communicate to mass audiences through complementary combinations of words and images; can flip from information to promotion; motivate people to take actions; design websites, book covers, social media films, posters, mobile apps, and lots more.
This online course provides a comprehensive reference on design for print and screen media. It introduces the principles of design and how they apply to the various design disciplines. The class provides a solid foundation for typographic design, advertising design and graphic design. In-depth coverage includes such topics as design principles, the design process, concept generation, branding and visual identity, design for web and mobile, package design, portfolio development, social media, ad campaigns and more.
This course has everything you need to know to start formulating concepts and creating powerful, effective visual messages.
Students who take this class may also be interested in our Web Development class.
- Students will be supplied them with PowerPoints, handouts, videos, etc.
- We will use free software on the internet like Photopea, Pixlr, and Fotor.
- Introduction to the Graphic Design Profession
- Graphic Design Basics
- The Design Process
- Concept Generation and Creativity
- Visualization, ICONS, and Color
- Proportional Systems, The Grid, and Brochure Design
- Book Covers
- Branding and Visual Identity
- Web, Mobile, and Motion Design
- Package Design
- The Portfolio and Job Search
Meet the Teacher