These Art Classes offer a non-competitive, step-by-step drawing method where self-expression and creativity can flourish.
Mixed Media: An introduction to a wide variety of drawing styles and media for ages 8 and up. Projects explore the wildlife, nature, still life, architectural structures, proportion, and the human form.
- black permanent markers (Fine Point and Ultra Fine Point)
- color markers (Prismacolor is the best, Crayola is good)
- Art Paper (card stock or Bristol and paper with a texture (Canson))
- watercolor paper
- watercolor pencils
- watercolor paint
- canvas paper (optional)
- artist paint brushes (flat and round edges)
- colored pencils (Prismacolor is an excellent choice)
- soft chalk pastels
- oil pastels
- kneadable eraser, art eraser (Magic Rub)
- acrylic paint
- Graphite Pencils (6B, H or HB)
- Workable Fixatif (optional, prevents smudging, allows easy rework)
Homework consists of completing the in-class projects and submitting a photo copy or scanned copy of the completed projects back to me each week. No quizzes planned at this time. All assessment is summative.
Recommended Grade Levels
- 4th grade and up