Creation Science Course Overview:
How did we get here? What is the origin of life?
Many people, both in the scientific community and general population, believe evolution by natural selection is one of the best substantiated theories in the history of science, but is that really true?
Through this Creation Science course, students will critically examine the evidence for and against evolution, including foundational mechanisms, statistical probabilities, and, of course, the fossil evidence. The combination of text, video and discussion should make this class both informative and enjoyable.
At the conclusion of the course, students will have the knowledge and experience needed to answer, for themselves, the question: How did we get here?
I expect a lot from my students – but I give a lot too! Like so many things in life, what you get out of this class will be in direct proportion to what you put into it. In other words, if you work hard, you will learn lots and have fun doing it. It is important that you keep up on your weekly assignments; we have a lot of material to cover and only 15 class sessions to do it in.
- No prerequisites
- Evolution: The Grand Experiment Vol. 1, by Carl Werner, © 2007, 2014 Audio Visual Consultants, Inc., ISBN 978-0-89221-681-9
- The Case for a Creator—Student Edition, by Lee Strobel and Jane Vogel, ISBN 0310249775 OR ISBN 0310745837 (Either edition will work fine for this course.)
- In addition students will be directed to complete various online assignments.
- None, this is not a lab science course.
- The Origin of Life
- Evolutions False Start
- Darwin’s False Mechanism
- Natural Selection
- Introduction to the Fossil Record
- Invertebrates, Fish and Bats
- Pinnipeds and Flying Reptiles & Creation Astronomy
- Dinosaurs and Whales & The Evidence of Cosmology
- Birds & Exploring Evolution
- Plants & The Evidence of Physics and Astronomy
- DNA and Proteins & The Evidence of Biochemistry
- Amino Acids & The Evidence of Biological Information
- The Young Earth & Points of Controversy
- Decision Time & Why Genesis Matters