Who Is This Class Designed For?
This course is designed for the student going into middle school math OR the middle school student who is struggling, needs extra practice or an alternative way of doing calculations.
A Foundation of Math Basics
To build a strong foundation of math basics, you need to learn and practice. Various strategies such as virtual manipulatives, online games, classroom activities, video clips, music and the standard algorithms will be used in this course.
All of these training methods will be implemented to teach computations with decimals, fractions, mixed numbers and percents. These skills are the building blocks needed to excel in higher level math classes. This class can be taken in conjunction with a traditional math class.
Live Class Participation
Students are encouraged to actively participate in the live class. It is so much fun to collaborate with each other, write on the board, and view video clips. You can choose to talk during the class OR text me privately with answers to questions. No pressure. You will be comfortable in the online classroom. We work together to learn and practice each math concept. We all make mistakes and that is how we learn! However, If you miss a live class please watch the recordings promptly. 🙂
“As my daughter entered 8th grade, I was looking for a math class to review concepts from upper elementary and early middle school. During her elementary years, she was quite stubborn and the math curriculum we used probably wasn’t the best fit for her personality.” […read the full article »]
“My son came up THREE levels on math since working with you! We tested today. Thank you, thank you!”
- None (eBook and worksheets provided)
Additional Supplies/Resources Needed
- Headset, microphone, notebook, paper, pencil, colored pencils
Anticipated Weekly Course Schedule
- Vocabulary, place value, estimate, round, mental math, odd, even, prime, composite
- Operations with multiplication and division of multi digit numbers
- Decimals= number line, compare, order, estimate, round
- Decimals= add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Word Problems & real life examples with decimals (all operations)
- Fractions= equivalent, simplify, number line, compare, order, estimate, round
- Fractions (like & unlike denominators)= add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Word Problems & real life examples with fractions (all operations)
- Mixed Numbers (unlike denominators)= estimate, round, compare, order
- Mixed Numbers (unlike denominators)= add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Word Problems & real life examples with Mixed Numbers (all operations)
- Extra concepts with decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers
- Percents (compare, order, discounts, tax, tip)
- Percents in the real world
- Fractions, Decimals, Percents= putting them all together