Intro to Electricity Course Overview:
Can you imagine a world without electricity?
How would we survive without our computers, phones, TVs, Xbox, or tablets – not to mention lights, refrigerators, microwaves, and air-conditioning?
This one semester (15 week) Intro to Electricity course covers the basic concepts of electricity. Students will become familiar with the scientists of electricity who were instrumental in the developments that have brought us to where we are today. Students will learn and apply concepts related to electric charges, current flow, batteries, electrolysis, resistance, series & parallel circuits, ac/dc, electric power, magnetism, electromagnetism, transformers, motors, digital components, and solar cells. We will have an extraordinary time reading, watching, and performing hands-on experiments.
My grandson just loves your class. He understands electricity. I do not. Lol. He is my only grandson, and I am a retired teacher of 32 years. Thank you for such great lessons.
- Introduction to Electricity Lab Kit $39.95 (purchase early)- https://www.homesciencetools.com/electricity-investigation-kit
eBook provided for free
- Electron Theory, Charges, Static Electricity
- Simple Circuits, Batteries, Current Flow, Electrical Power
- Work and Energy
- Series Circuits
- Series Review & Parallel Circuits
- S-P Circuits, LED, breadboards, 3 way switch, rheostats
- Catch up on Circuits & Review GAME CH 1-5
- Midterm Jeopardy
- Electromagnetism Pt.1 Electricity, Magnetism
- Electromagnetism.Pt.2 Inductance, Transformers
- Electromagnetism Pt.3 Generators, Motors
- Motor Review
- Digital Components
- Solar Fun & Final Game