Online STEAM Club Description
The online club activities include step-by-step drawing lessons, crafts, graphics and technology activities. The club meets online twice a month on Mondays.
STEAM Club is designed for middle school and high school homeschoolers.
Save 10% When You Enroll In Two Or More Spring 2021 Classes*
Get A Coupon For FREE Spring 2021 STEAM Club!
Spring 2021 Schedule
|February||Monday 1st & 15th||5:30PM – 6:30PM ET|
|March||Monday 1st, 15th & 29th||5:30PM – 6:30PM ET|
|April||Monday 12th||5:30PM – 6:30PM ET|
- Wonders from Down Under: Discover and draw amazing animals of this isolated continent
- STEAM Activity: Design an Augmented Experience in Metaverse Studio
- Graphic Design: Form and Space, and Composition
- Jamaican Me Crazy: Sketch Pink beaches and palm trees, coconuts, and plantations, coral reefs and parrots in the trees.
- STEAM Activity: Create a Virtual Reality Tour in Tour Creator
- Graphic Design: Colour and Basic Principles
- On a Slow Boat to China: Draw emperors, pagodas, Samauri, dragons, and colorful koi.
- STEAM Activity: Creating Stop Motion Animation
- Graphic Design: Creating 3-D Effects and Media
- Free Spirits: Horses from A to Z: Learn tips and techniques for drawing arabians to zebras and more of these exquisite creatures.
- STEAM Activity: Build Your Own Google Cardboard VR Goggles
- Graphic Design: Introducing Type and Two Color Artwork
- Masters of Art: Draw famous works of the masters. (Monet, Van Gough, etc.)
- STEAM Activity: Coding Web Apps with Koji
- Graphic Design: Type and Layout, Print
- Sketching the African Safari: From the Sahara to the Serengeti. Africa has mesmerized the world with its stunning scenery, its ancient civilizations, and hypnotizing music.
- STEAM Activity: Create a video with Animoto
- Graphic Design: Commercial Art, Corporate Design, and Corporate Identity
- The Wild, Wild, West: Outlaws, cowboys, native Americans and animals of the west. Learn about and draw the famous and not-so-famous people of this exciting time in history.
- STEAM Activity: Create a Scavenger Hunt with Goosechase
- Graphic Design: Editorial Design, Packaging
- From the Past: Let’s get Groovy! Experience pop culture! Club members will draw the “Mystery Machine”, Herbie, explore the artists and foods of that time period, and more!
- Graphic Design: Book Design, Advertising
- Fat and skinny black permanent markers
- Drawing pencil and erasers
- Drawing paper (preferably white and 80 pound) – You may use the medium of your choice to complete your drawings such as markers, oil pastels, colored pencils, etc
- A computer with Photopea (free online art program) or PhotoShop
- Google cardboards can be purchased through Amazon as low as $8.99 and on up. If you would rather build your own Google cardboard the following supplies will be needed:
- A piece of cardboard at least 22” (55.88cm) by 8.75” (22.23cm)
- Two 2” (5.08cm) strips of 3/4” (1.91cm) wide Velcro
- One 3/4” (1.91cm) neodymium ring magnet
- One 3/4” ceramic disk magnet
- Two Biconvex lenses (45mm focal length)
- Rubber band
- An NFC tag
Additionally, the only tools you will need for this project are an X-ACTO knife, a straight edge, Scotch tape, some spray adhesive or contact cement, and you may also find that some super glue will come in handy.
Meet the Teacher