Welcome to MyFunScience!
Here’s some information to help you get started quickly and easily.
We are going to answer the following questions:
- What is Powerschool & how to I complete my student account setup?
- How does a student (or parent) log into their PSL account?
- Who should I contact if I run into problems?
What is Powerschool?
The Powerschool Learning System (PSL) will be the student’s main portal for all their classes with MyFunScience.
PSL includes things like:
- The link to join your online & self-paced classes,
- The place where you will submit assignments, take quizzes and tests, and much more.
Each student will have their own account with the MyFunScience Powerschool Learning System and their own login information – even if your family has multiple students with MyFunScience.
Please Note: If you have used Powerschool in the past with other schools, your username & password will be different for your MyFunScience PSL account. Please use the information we provide you.
If you have (or are taking) MyFunScience classes, you will continue to use the same MyFunScience PSL account. So, that would mean there is nothing else to do. 🙂
How do I setup my PSL account?
Students will receive an email from Powerschool asking the student to click a link to confirm their email address. The purpose of this email is for the student to give Powerschool permission for the teachers to be able to communicate by email with the students.
It is very important that all students click the link in this email. Otherwise, students won’t be able to receive emails from their teachers, and we don’t want any students to get behind due to lack of communication.
- Start by going to the Student Login. We recommend that you bookmark this link page since you will use it frequently.
- Your username will be your firstname.lastname (all lowercase). For example, if your name was John Doe, your username would be john.doe
- Your password will be changemenow
- The first time you login, you will be required to choose your own password.
- If you forget your password, you can always reset it by clicking on the “Forgot your Username or Password?” link on the PSL login page.
- Once you have logged in, you will have access to everything you need for your MyFunScience classes.
- If parents want to have a Powerschool account, which is used only for monitoring their students’ classes, then we will issue one upon the parent’s request. Just send us a message through the tech support contact form.
- Please note that some of our teachers may require parents to use a Parent Powerschool account. This requirement is up to each teacher on a class-by-class basis.
- Remember, each student only needs one Powerschool account for all their current and future MyFunScience classes.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
We want to be able to respond to any parent or student’s questions as quickly as possible. So, it is important to contact the right person to answer the right kind of questions.
- If you have a question concerning a class, please contact your teacher through Powerschool.
- You can also send a teacher a question by going to any teacher’s page. Then, just click on the teacher you want to send a message, and use the contact form on the teacher’s page.
Questions about MyFunScience:
- If you have questions or comments related to MyFunScience in general, you can send us a message through the contact form on the MFS website. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Technical Support Questions: