- Open to students in grades 7-12, ages 12-18
- Designed for middle school and high school homeschoolers
- Embraces a Biblical worldview
- Fun Activities, Games, Prizes, and more!
- Two live, hour-long online meetings per month
- Includes guest speakers, escape rooms, and hands-on projects
- Monthly missions connecting STEM subjects and our daily lives
September 2018 through May 2019
Exploring your future...one challenge at a time!Sometimes it’s just "dangerous to go alone." That’s why MyFunScience has an exciting new STEM Club that includes student connections, community experts, and monthly challenges!
Mission: The Future
STEM Club Monthly Missions & Prizes
Each month we’ll cover a new topic . . . and throw out a bit of a challenge to encourage students to spread their wings and share their skills and passions. Each student will have access to a personal Wiki page and, at the end of the month, we will award prizes, post badges, and showcase students’ work.
Previous missions have included: Heroic Models; J.E.L.L.Oh?; Not-So-Simple Machines; Macro, Micro, and Mini; Pi Day 2017; and aMAZEing Math.
Two Monthly STEM Club Meetings
At our first STEM Club meeting of the month, we will wrap up the previous month’s challenge, showcase student work, and award badges and prizes. Then we’ll kick off our new mission for the month! This club is not just ”talking heads”! Instead think games, group activities, and student engagement : )
Our second meeting will feature a special activity, escape room, field trip, or “mission specialist”. If you can’t make a meeting, no problem! All meetings are archived for future viewing.
We’ll be meeting 5-6pm (ET) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month, September 2018 through May 2019.