Drone Boot Camp
Drone Boot Camp
Drone Boot Camp Description
The Drone Boot Camp provides the experiences that shift students between the excitement and hands-on activities of indoor activities and the freedom and exploration of the outdoors.
Participants utilize imagination, hand-eye coordination and STEM applications to conquer challenges and missions.
We will be using the Parrot Mambo Drone for this boot camp.
Schedule & Activities:
Week One - June 1 & 2: 1:30pm - 2:30pm (ET)
- Industry education and the future of the industry
- In-depth understanding of the capability of drones to create an entrepreneur’s mindset
- Flight Control: Learn to fly like a Pro! Discover the Parrot Mambo Mini Drone and the quadcopter drone with the FreeFlight Mini app.
Week Two - June 8 & 9: 1:30pm - 2:30pm (ET)
- Hover Challenge
- Square Challenge
- Remote Flight Challenge
- Simple Pattern Challenge
- Operation Delivery: We will try to deliver packages of various weights with our Drones to random zip codes, recording battery percentages, and calculate postage needed based on weight of the package.
Grade Levels:8th - 12th grade
The Mini Drone is perfect for an entry drone. Accessories you need to consider are: a remote control, spare batteries, extra set of propellers, and a Grabber to pick up objects.
Here is a list of Drones that can be programmed for classroom use:
These educational drones are priced low and have excellent programs to learn how to code and build each UAV:
- Rabolink CoDrone Lite & Pro educational kit
- Sky Viper e1700 stunt drone kit
- DJI Tello EDU drone
- DJI Tello Iron Man edition
- Parrot Mambo Fly educational drone
- Makeblock Airblock educational drone
Meet the Teacher